Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Crossing the Bridge



Crossing the Bridge

Martin Ijir 

 Why is this bridge narrowed with countless rails, dwindling with rotting rafters, souls walk passed with confidence, how come I became so terrified? And the emotions are unveiled as a Sun striping her clothe at night, before the moon appears. Wait, please wait, wait don't drift away into the crowd, please tie my robe with yours to remove this fear from my soul. Also annihilate evil that holds my steps from this bridge. I need to cross through her ebbs and reach the doors of divine abode. Watch your feet, can you feel the water on your feet. See how warm my soul became, this must be the water of rebirth, cleansing my soul from steps of delay. Let's journey quickly I need to meet my host and tell him about the happening in the world. Lest I forget please remind me to ask when will he annihilate the evil of men. The resounding stalks troubling the columns of my heart. I will love to ask why evil pervades on men and why is there no solution, even millions of dollars have been spending on global security. Why is the bridge opening, when we haven't reached the middle? Don't you think my faith is tasted. I forgot my oars to sail through this miniature water, and my eagle spirit is beclouded by the congestion in here. Please how can we reduce this people that creates the traffic, the trudge the path with their hawking feet. Shut up, the bridge has no pain, the crossing bestowed dwindling hope for those whose memories sleaze upon the quest of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crossing the Bridge

Crossing the Bridge Martin Ijir   Why is this bridge narrowed with countless rails, dwindling with rotting rafters, souls walk passed with c...