Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Prose Poem



IT STINKS TO BE A FLY ON THE WALL of Napoleon's bathroom. I was on assignment, researching my doctoral dissertation on the existential psychotherapy of alienated persons. This was an important case study. Napoleon had stolen the Mona Lisa and hung her portrait over his bathtub. His daily ablutions made her wink, like counter transference between therapist and patient. This became central to my thesis and you may now call me Doctor Fly, even though Sigmund Freud pointed out there were too many holes in my theory about an art thief.


David Thane Cornell


********************************************


David Thane Cornell is an American poet, poetry editor, journalist and Salvation Army relief worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crossing the Bridge

Crossing the Bridge Martin Ijir   Why is this bridge narrowed with countless rails, dwindling with rotting rafters, souls walk passed with c...