Thursday, November 5, 2020

Mother's Postcard

Mother's Postcard 


The postcard was blank as words were eaten by the new moon. Day was Amavasya!  I would have  located the address rolling in the  virtual rings of ethereal atoms. But stony sisyphus came to rest under the bawdy sun and his  shoulders were bruised in a trailing salty brook.

“ Keep  this  one  for  a  brief time”

 I took the gravitating stone on my chest. Dark  was  so  compressed that all twitterers were   shut in the twilight and I awoke in my wrinkles. It  was not a dream or hypnagogia, too  much  for my crushed chest. I saw the words on the  pale postcard.

 “ she died the previous night”. 


Copyright@Dr Pragya suman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crossing the Bridge

Crossing the Bridge Martin Ijir   Why is this bridge narrowed with countless rails, dwindling with rotting rafters, souls walk passed with c...